Have you ever wondered what causes the noxious odor and taste we experience while swimming? It’s because of Trichlorocyanuric Acid, also known as TCCA 90, a water treatment chemical. It is used to provide chlorine to swimming pools and so functions as a disinfectant. Here’s all you need to know about TCCA 90 for Swimming Pool.
What exactly is TCCA 90?
TCCA is an abbreviation of Trichloroisocyanuric Acid. It’s a white, sandy granular that smells like gas. Trichloroisocyanuric acid is primarily used to clean water and is widely used in swimming pools and as a textile whitener/bleaching agent. It functions as a disinfectant in pool water treatment, keeping your swimming pools free of bacteria and protoctist. Aside from that, it’s critical for keeping the water pure and clear.
How Does TCCA 90 for Swimming Pool Water Treatment Work?
With some basic knowledge of chemistry, it is easy to understand how TCCA 90 used as swimming pool chemical. When TCCA is put in the pool water, it produces cyanuric acid and hypochlorous acid (HClO) after reacting with the water in the pool. Swimming pools can then benefit from the free chlorine provided by the released HClO. Chlorine, as well know, is then used for disinfection since it is effective at destroying germs.
Furthermore, cyanuric acid serves as a stabilizer. Because free chlorine is highly volatile, it is protected from sunlight in this way. Cyanuric Acid also inhibits the conversion of HClO to the hypochlorite ion (ClO-), which has minimal microbiological activity. When chlorine is discharged into the water, it combines with ammonia and other waste products such as urine and sweat.
As a result, the waste is transformed into mixed chlorine compounds, which are quickly removed from the pool. To keep the pool clean, chlorine shocks are added once or twice a month. The high chlorine in these shocks inhibits the growth of algae residue and bacteria in swimming pools and other water features. As a disinfecting agent, TCCA 90 also works in a similar process.
Properties and Features of TCCA 90 for Swimming Pool Water Treatment
- Its chemical name is Trichloroisocyanuric Acid with the formula C3O3N3Cl3.
- Appearance: White Powder, Granules, or 200 gm Tablets with a moisture content of 0.5 percent maximum
- The molecular weight of this compound is 232.44.
- Effective Chlorine: 90.0 percent with a solubility of 1.2 (gm / 100-gram water) at 25°C.
- It is Environmentally friendly
- It has a precise PH(1% solution): 2.7 to 3.3
Common Applications of TCCA 90 for Swimming Pool Water Treatment
TCCA 90 is an excellent source of chlorine for swimming pool befouling management. It aids in the attainment of crystal clear clean water as well as the elimination of microbial growth. Here are other common applications:
- Dishwashing, preventative disinfection of homes, hotels, and public areas, hygiene and diesel control in hospitals, and many other cleaning applications.
- It is also used in environmental disinfection in fish, silkworm, cattle, and poultry feeding shelters.
- It is used as a bleaching agent for chemical fabrics, gunning, and cotton.
- As mentioned, TCCA 90 is used to treat water, including swimming pool water and fountain water bodies.
- It is used in algae removal from industrial circulation water, as well as treatment of drinking water.
- It is also used in sewage water treatment and disinfection of petroleum well drilling slurry and sewage, as well as the manufacture of seawater cells.
Looking for TCCA 90 for Swimming Pools?
TCCA 90 for sale in Fengbai Industrial Co.,Ltd can help keep bacteria and algae out of your swimming pools for a long time! It is a dependable source of non-invasive chlorine because it has no detrimental effects on the skin, hair, or eyes. Are you looking to purchase some? Get in touch with us!