If you are new in the world of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) or Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and you want to venture in this type of industry to promote your brand or website, you have got to follow some essential tips and techniques on how to create a good branding and how your website an rank higher and be known.
Some of these favorite search engine marketing techniques include the following:
1. Submitting your sites’ RSS feed to relevant web directories.
2. Soliciting hyperlinks and backlinks from websites.
3. Social bookmarking on social networks.
4. Content articles and other press release advertising and marketing.
5. Marketing using social/community sites.
6. Turning into a vibrant community forum or discussion board.
7. Leaving comments on pertinent websites.
Now, how do search engines rank a site and decide what order to rank them in? Essentially, links are the “currency” of the web. Each link acts as a ‘vote’ for a site, as far as the search engine sees it. Now, it should be said right away that more links don’t necessarily equal to better ranking. The ruling motto here is: quality over high quantity or volume, as emphasized by New York City SEO Services spearheaded by Jason Berkowitz SEO. You’ll be carrying out a good deal of building backlinks to your site. If you’re smart, you’ll be using some SEO software to help you further with the ranking.
You will hear a lot when it comes to search engine marketing techniques and link building, but always remember that it takes some time.
Some things to aim for when building popularity for SEM includes:
1. High PR or page rank
2. Websites and pages are incredibly relevant to your webpage or the article being linked to.
3. Relevant anchor text in backlinks.
4. A small number of other links.
Utilizing this backlinking scheme, there are many ways to campaign for a vote, and you won’t have any specific control over the sites that which links through for you, or even the anchor text used or where your link is placed or positioned. The best links reside on high page rank web pages and are surrounded by appropriate content, have a small number of hyperlinks on the web page and utilize relevant anchor text.